Ground Segment Market Prospects, 2nd Edition
The Ground Segment Market Prospects report provides a unified view of various ground segment applications, including satellite communications and Earth observation. For each application, the report includes a technology/product roadmap, an analysis of external factors that will affect the ground segment, a review of key stakeholders, including established companies and start-ups, and quantification and forecasting of the market.
As well as reviewing current data and historical data from the past five years, this report contains forecasts for the next 10-years of ground site antenna and user terminal inventory. The report also provides individual forecasts of market revenues and the number of new assets for antennas, RF equipment, and Baseband equipment.
Key features include:
- A strategic outlook containing global trends and dynamics, a benchmark of industry players, an overview of satellite communication elements, main opportunities, and threats for the overall ground segment market.
- Analysis of key demand drivers for Earth Observation and Satcom segments, including:
- An overview of trends and estimated revenues
- Description of the types of ground segment users
- An overview of operational satellites by frequency band, type of orbit, and type of payload
- Case studies of the ground station network of selected operators.
- Key technology trends on ground stations and user terminals for Earth Observation and Satcom applications
- A focus on the NGSO constellations status and their related terminal deployment roadmap
- Quantifications and forecasts by application from 2015 to 2030 of the number of:
- Ground sites
- Operational ground station units and user terminals
- Sold ground station units and user terminals
- Market revenue
- Forecasts are presented with the following breakdown:
- By size of the antenna
- By frequency band
- By region
- By type of equipment (antenna, RF equipment, and baseband equipment)
- By vertical market for Satcom
This new edition of the report includes a focus on the Ground Segment as a Service model and main service providers, as well as more detailed breakdown compared to the last edition. Each market segment is presented with at least four different classifications.
The datasets supporting the analysis have been enriched and are now accessible in Premium content. This includes a list of over 2,000 ground sites with information on the owner, location, main application, and number of antennas. Depending on the availability of the information, the site may be detailed with the number of antennas by size of the dish and by downlink frequency, and a track record over the last five years.
This edition also features a databank of the Earth Observation and Telecom satellites launched and to be launched from 2010 to 2030, with information about RF communications, the operational lifetime, the payload type, the operator, and more.
In-depth analysis of the different application chains in the ground segment market dynamics, analysis and forecasts for the next decade in PDF format, including detailed analysis of Satcom applications, EO applications and user terminals.
Excel databases, covering historical data from the past 5 years, current data, and forecasts for the next 10-years of ground site antenna and user terminal inventory, such as the number of new units and revenues for the industry.
All classic options.
Dataset covering more about 1,000 ground sites* with information on the owner, the location, the main application, and the number of antennas.
Dataset of Earth Observation and Telecom satellites launched and contracted with information about RF communications, the operational lifetime, the payload type, the operator, and more details.